NASC refers to the Needs Assessment Service Coordination, a New Zealand based Home and older adults services, under District Health Board. This is an almost free organization to help you in your community.
Who can get support services through NASC?
- If you are over 65 years and have disability or health related needs.
- if you are under 65 years and support needs due to an acute illness or require independent care etc.,
Their goal is to
- stay as independent as possible in your own home and community;
- together will assess and plan your need for support.
Personal cares such as
- advise you on services which are income and asset-tested and have entry criteria;
- showering, dressing etc.,
- medication, feeding etc.,
- house old management;
- day programming;
- advise you on rest homes and private hospitals;
- In additiion NASC can help anybody with range of other support agencies such as Citizen Advice Bureau, Alzheimers Foundation etc.,
- Homecare provider agencies etc.,