Network may refer to any interconnected group or system. More specifically, a network is any method of sharing information between two systems (human or mechanical).
- (broadcasting) A communication system consisting of a group of broadcasting stations that all transmit the same programs; Ex. "the networks compete to broadcast important sports events";
- A system of intersecting lines or channels;
- Computer network, a network of computers;
- Computer networking, the scientific and engineering discipline concerned with this kind of network;
- Electrical network, a network of electrical components;
- Telecommunications network, a network of telecommunications links
- Energy transmission and distribution networks;
- Electric power transmission network, a network of conduits for bulk transmission of electric power;
- Electrial closed circuit the circuit which is having a closed current path.
- Electricity distribution network, a network of conduits for delivery or short-haul transmission of electric power;
- Gas distribution network, a network of pipes for delivery of gases, usually natural gas or, formerly, town gas;
- Network Systems system network, a system of combined networks of main systems;
- Pipeline transport network, a network of pipes for transmission of gases, usually natural gas etc.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|