FANDOM


Water resources are sources of water that are useful to humans. Uses of water include , household, agricultural, industrial recreational and environmental activities.

Virtually all of these uses by human beings require fresh water.

Water from where?Edit

97.5% of water on the Earth is salt water, leaving only 2.5% as fresh water. Out of this, is, over two thirds frozen in glaciers and polar ice caps. The remaining unfrozen freshwater is mainly found as groundwater (also includes percolation due to heavy rains in some parts of the world), with only a small fraction present above ground or in the air.

Fresh water-resourceEdit

Fresh water is a renewable resource, yet the world's supply of clean, fresh water is steadily decreasing. Water demand already exceeds supply in many parts of the world, and as world population continues to rise at an unprecedented rate, many more areas are expected to experience this imbalance in the near future. The framework for allocating water resources to water users is left to local Government.

See alsoEdit

Stormwater_management

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.